Please note: This product is classed as Limited Quantity and can therefore ship by Ground transportation only. These items cannot be carried by Royal Mail. Shipping is therefore calculated based on using our LQ certified courier, NEP. Yodel is also available for some shipments.
Shipping to Europe varies dependant on destination and is calculated at checkout. Please use the 'estimate shipping' tab. If you are unable to obtain a rate online for your region, please send us an email and we will be happy to provide a quote for you.
419D-4L - Premium Acrylic Conformal Coating
419D Acrylic Conformal Coating is a fast drying, xylene and toluene free product that provides an excellent finish.
This one part coating is easy to use and repair: it does not require special or costly equipment or materials. It is ideal for high moisture environments and applications requiring easy repair and rework.
The 419D coating protects electric circuits against moisture, dirt, dust, thermal shocks, and scratches that could corrode, short circuit, or otherwise damage the electric components. It insulates against high-voltage arcing, shorts, and static discharges. As well, this coating provides a high dielectric withstand voltage that allows traces to be put closer together helping with miniaturization.
- No Hazardous Air Pollutants — free of toluene and xylene
- Certified UL 94V-0 (File# E202094)
- Excellent finish — smooth, homogeneous, and durable crystal clear coat
- Protects electronics from moisture, corrosion, fungus, and static discharges
- Easy to inspect — fluoresces under black light (UV light)
- Easy rework and repairs — can solder through coat; remove with MG Chemicals' Thinner/Cleaner, Thinner 4, or Conformal Coating Stripper
The 419D coating improves reliability, operational range, and lengthens the life of electrical and electronic components and assemblies. Its primary applications are in the automobile, marine, aerospace, aviation, communication, instrumentation, industrial control equipment, and consumer electronics industries.
Common acrylic conformal coatings uses are with electric generators, motors, transformers, relays, and air bag controllers. The 419D coating can serve to protect high technology devices like cell phones, computer tablets, avionics, and more.
Spray Gun Application Instructions
Follow the procedure below for best results.
To apply the required thickness by weight:
1. Mix thoroughly, and spray a test pattern. This step ensures good flow quality and helps establish appropriate distance to avoid runs.
2. At a distance of 20 to 25 cm (8 to 10 inches), hold the gun at around 45°, and spray a thin and even coat onto the horizontal board. For best results, use spray-and-release strokes with an even motion to avoid excess paint in one spot.
3. Before the next coat, rotate the board 90° to ensure good coverage.
4. Wait at least 2 minutes, and spray another coat. The delay avoids trapping solvent between coats.
5. Apply other coats until desired thickness is achieved. (Go to Step 3)
6. Let dry for 3-5 minutes (flash off time) at room temperature.
To cure at Room temperature:
Let air dry 24 hours
To accelerate cure by heat:
After flash off, put in oven or under heat lamp at ≤65 °C for 60 min.
NOTE: Coats that are very thick require more time to dry.
ATTENTION! If heat curing, do not exceed 65 °C as this may cause surface defects due to solvents evaporating off too quickly
|MG Product Type||Conformal Coatings|