CSI 950+ Soldering Iron with Hot Tweezer Adapter
The CSI 950+ is a great quality, robust thermostatically conmtrolled iron.
Representing incredible value for money, everything pictured is included. That includes two sets of tips for the hot tweezer.
We stock spares for this unit, so you can rest assured that replacement parts will always be available. Compatible tips for the soldering iron are from the KD-M- range (see side panel), and full replacement irons and hot tweezers are available should the need arise.
What's in the box?
- The main CSI 950+ thermostatically controlled station
- A soldering iron with fine conicle soldering tip
- A hot tweezer adapter giving 50W of output
- Two sets of tips (pointed set & flat set) for the hot tweezer
- Iron stand with cleaning pad and solder reel holder
- Rubber pad for protecting fingers if handling hot tips
- A UK power lead (EU adapter supplied with mainland Europe orders)
- Instruction Manual
- ESD safe design with grounding measure
- Tweezer directly applies heat to components being repaired while avoiding nearby components
- Power Input: 220-240VAC
- Supplied with UK plug (EU adapter supplied for continental European orders)
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Output Voltage: 24V
- Tip to Ground Potential: Under 2mV
- Heating Element: Ceramic Heater
- Temperature Range: 200degreesC-450 degreesC (572degreesF-842degreesF)
- Dimensions: 4.8(w) x 3.2(h) x 5.6(d)
The unit is pre-calibrated at the factory and should not need adjustment on arrival.
However, sometimes when working with highly conductive components you may need to re-calibrate the unit to achieve the best results.The re-calibration process is very straightforward. On the front of the unit, there is a rubber stopper, marked 'CAL'. Remove the stopper and you will see a small screw inside the unit. This is a thermostat adjustment screw.
Attach an external temperature probe to the iron tip and measure the temperature at the tip. Turn the screw clockwise to increase the output at a set temperature and turn the screw anti-clockwise to decrease the output.
NB.: Before re-calibration, please ensure that the same is necessary. If you are experiencing a lack of heat, there can be a number of other reasons for this.
- The tip has corroded reducing the heat conductive properties. Clean the tip using a light abrasive, or replace the tip.
- The solder is a lead-free compound which is needing a high temperature to become fluid. You may need to pre-heat the work.
- Ensure that you are using a tip large enough to provide suffient heat transfer to your work.
- Check that the heating element in the iron / hot tweezer is intact. A cracked element will not provide the same heat output as a new one will. You may need to replace the iron handle / hot tweezer adapter.
|Soldering Station Function||Solder Iron Only|
|Solder Stations - Compatible Iron Tips||KD-M- range|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Excl. Tax: £2.65 Incl. Tax: £3.18
Excl. Tax: £7.49 Incl. Tax: £8.99
Excl. Tax: £20.35 Incl. Tax: £24.42
Excl. Tax: £5.95 Incl. Tax: £7.14