Reviewed on and Effective From 25th May 2018.
Circuit Specialists Europe Ltd (Circuit Specialists) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the Circuit Specialists site, speak to a member of our customer services, or otherwise interact with Circuit Specialists.
During placement of an order or registering for a customer account, we will record details of your name and other information such as your postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and your credit card number, expiry date, etc. By submitting this information you consent to use of the information in line with the guidelines set.
We will use your information to fulfil your order and to provide you with the service you have requested. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with the service you have requested and also to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general.
We may use information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage, in order to help us develop the website. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you or any other individual.
We will NOT share your information with any other organisation, except with third party businesses with whom we are jointly providing a service to you, so that this service can be provided.
With whom does Circuit Specialists share my personal information?
We need to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimization), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Circuit Specialists may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Circuit Specialists, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Circuit Specialists and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
How does Circuit Specialists use my personal information for marketing?
Circuit Specialists may send you emails, or call you regarding Circuit Specialists products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your purchase activity.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Edit your preferences in My Account, which you can access anytime by logging into your account
- Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
- Email us at: [email protected]
You may also see adverts for Circuit Specialists on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited circuitspecialists.eu). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
The creation of a cookie does not give the website any access to other information held on your computer.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
Protecting Your Information
When you access the secure pages of our site your browser will be provided with an electronic certificate confirming that you have accessed our site and all communications will be encrypted. When you create an online order, it is then passed on using the same level of encryption. This includes credit card verification.
Our credit card processing partner is Braintree. Braintree are a PCI Level 1 compliant company, whose systems are dovetailed into our processing system. None of your payment details are held in our system. They are handled exclusively by Braintree. This ensures that any potential data breach of the Circuit Specialists website would never include any payment details of any of our customers.
Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers. The servers are located in a secure location accessed only by authorised personnel.